Union Bridge Family Practice has provided quality healthcare to the community for many years. Dr. Joseph Caricofe started the practice in 1961 and Dr. John Lehigh joined him in 1977. The practice became a part of Frederick Memorial Hospital in 1996. When Dr. Caricofe retired in 2001, Dr. Jennifer Cancino joined the practice. We are a family-friendly practice and pride ourselves in the highest quality healthcare. Our doctors specialize in Family Practice, therefore we see patients of all ages, from a few days old and up. We welcome new patients to the Union Bridge practice.
We participate with most insurances including: Medicare, Medical Assistance, Maryland Physicians Care, Priority Partners, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, Carefirst BC/BS, Blue Choice, Coventry, and Tricare.
- Primary Adult Medical Care – Treatment of conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, thyroid disease, stomach disorders, depression, anxiety, and insomnia, as well as others.
- Pediatric Medical Care – Well baby, child, and adolescent visits including immunizations. We participate with the Vaccine for Children Program through the state of Maryland which provides free vaccines for children age newborn through 18 for patients on medical assistance or who have no insurance coverage.
- Sick Visits – Sore throats, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, ear infections, coughs, and conjunctivitis, to name a few. We allocate a number of time slots in our schedule every day to accommodate sick visits. We are usually able to see patients the same day they call for a sick visit.
- Physicals – Adult physicals, work physicals, school physicals, sports physicals, camp physicals, DOT physicals, and gynecological exams.
- Disease Management – Screening for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression, and heart disease. Smoking cessation counseling.
- Minor Surgical Procedures – Skin tag removal, wart removal, foreign body removal, ingrown toenail removal, removal of ear wax, and suturing of lacerations.