Parkview Medical Group (PMG) provides comprehensive primary care for your entire family – from infant care to geriatric care.
This family care group practice is comprised of board certified family physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants all focused on acute/sick care and chronic disease management. We emphasize maintaining a healthy lifestyle and are committed to meeting all your care needs.
We provide Well Child Visits, Well Woman Visits, and General Adult Physical Exams along with Same Day Sick Visit appointments – designed for urgent office visits. We believe seeing your own primary care provider when urgent care is needed will enhance your care over time, and reduce the risk of medication errors which can occur when you see multiple providers.
PMG offers you the convenience of daytime, evening, and Saturday appointments at our four locations throughout Frederick County and walk-in sick visits 8-11 AM, Monday-Friday, at the 194 Thomas Johnson Drive location. Through our electronic medical records system, we are able to prescribe medications and order tests electronically to improve accuracy and efficiency. Prescriptions are sent to your pharmacy of choice, often ready to pick-up on the way home from your appointment.
PMG employs an innovative model of primary care called Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) where care is organized and evidence-based. PMG is proud to announce recognition from the National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2015 as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home. We partner with you, your provider, and his/her care team work together to provide the highest level of patient care. Care Coordinators and care transition specialists enhance the quality and continuity of your care over time and across multiple health settings. Our philosophy is that by tracking your medical care and working with you individually to maintain your good health we may improve your compliance and overall health outcomes.
Once you are seen, we welcome your feedback. Please take time to complete our patient satisfaction questionnaires after your visits to Parkview Medical Group. We look forward to welcoming you and serving all your family’s health care needs!
PMG is currently accepting new patients. Please call 240-215-6310 today for an appointment or to obtain more information about how PMG can serve you
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
PMG is recognized by the National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 PCMH.
PMG employs an innovative model of primary care called Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) where care is organized and evidence-based. We partner with you, your provider, and his/her care team work together to provide the highest level of patient care. We utilize Care Coordinators and care transition specialists to enhance the quality and continuity of your care over time and across multiple health settings. Our philosophy is that by tracking your medical care and working with you individually to maintain your good health we may improve your compliance and overall health outcomes. See our 2016 Performance.
- Patient Portal – We are proud to announce a new service – Patient Portal – for Parkview Medical Group patients 18 years and older. The portal is an easy and convenient way to get in touch with your care team and may work better for you than a phone call since you contact us at your convenience. Use the portal to request and cancel appointments; ask general questions; research health information; request medication refills, your personal health record, referrals, test results, and billing statements. The portal should never be used for urgent/emergent matters. Ask your care team for more information at your next appointment!
- Family Medicine– Physicals and checkups as well as care of most acute and chronic illnesses including heart problems, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, stomach trouble, arthritis, sinus infections, bronchitis, and minor eye problems..
- Preventative Medicine – Cholesterol and blood pressure screening, smoking cessation and general health education.
- Orthopedics – Back, neck, shoulder and joint pain; pain or tingling in arms, legs, hands and feet; sprains.
- Pediatrics – Immunizations and checkups, treatment for minor cuts, lacerations and sprains. Care for both minor and more serious illness.
- Gynecology – Pap smears and routine exams, contraceptive counseling, care for abnormal bleeding, pain and infections and women’s health issues.
- Dermatology – Mole removal as well as treatment of warts, rashes, acne, psoriasis and other skin conditions.